Update: August 16, 2023: After confirmation with development team, Astra: Knights of Veda will be compatible with the Steam Deck but not until after the official launch. More details to come.
A new 2D role-playing game (RPG) is making its way to PC and mobile devices. Developed by the same team who worked on the mobile game, Dragon Blaze, Flint and Hybe Interactive Media are bringing this beautifully illustrated, side-scrolling game worldwide by the end of 2023. The latest Astra: Knights of Veda trailer showcases additional gameplay footage and adventures that await for players. Those familiar with games developed by Vanillaware, such as Dragon’s Crown, will see similarities with Astra: Knights of Veda artistic designs and animation. It’s a fan-favorite style and there’s not many that utilize it.
- A Dark Fantasy Adventure: Lose yourself in the world of an action-packed RPG that draws inspiration from classic beat ’em ups. Engage in tactical combat, experience a captivating story, enjoy impressive art, and discover well-crafted characters.
- Dive into an Immersive Universe: This fully voiced-over experience boasts contributions from renowned voice actors, supported by 200 engaging cutscenes and over 1800 unique illustrations.
- Epic Battles Against Monstrous Foes: Confront gargantuan beasts and relentless undead adversaries through a fully manual, 2D combat system that promises excitement and challenge.
- Captivating Dark Artistry: Enveloping the game is a dark and haunting art style that creates a unique atmosphere and brings to life a diverse cast of characters and horrifying monsters, making your journey all the more enthralling.
- Unite or Compete: Form teams with fellow Knights for immersive PvE experiences, or enter the battlefield for real-time PvP clashes. The choice is yours as you explore both cooperative and competitive gameplay.
- Unearth Treasures and Conquer Nightmares: Face the depths of the Nightmare and test your mettle, or explore the expansive world of Planis to uncover hidden treasures and enhance the capabilities of your Knights of Veda.
- Empower Your Knights, Save the World: Strengthen your Knights and equip them to stand against the ravages that threaten the world. Your journey holds the key to delivering salvation in times of turmoil.
- Seamless Adventures: Enjoy cross-progression between PC and mobile platforms, allowing you to continue your heroic adventures wherever you may roam.
If you’re attending this year’s Gamescom in-person, you can stop by the Astra: Knights of Veda booth, located at Hall 8.1 / Booth C-038. Additionally you can meet the team behind the game. In the meantime, you can check out the Astra: Knights of Veda trailer to see the game in-action before it launches later this year.
Astra: Knights of Veda scheduled to release Q4 2023 for PC and iOS/Android devices. PC players can wishlist the game right now on the official Steam page.